The following events sponsored by the department are open to the public:
Students and postdoctoral trainees have the opportunity to attend department-sponsored weekly seminars given by visiting speakers. In addition, the Harvard Medical School community offers a wealth of seminars and other public events.
Opportunities abound to discuss one's own and others' research. Graduate students hold a weekly journal club over lunch. The Monday Talks, held weekly, provide a forum for literature discussions and presentations of current research. The Pathogen of the Month Club, held monthly over lunch, features a presentation of a different pathogen at each meeting.
The Friday social hour, sponsored by a different lab each week, provides an opportunity to unwind before the weekend.
Events of the Week (10/16-10/20)
Monday, October 16th:
- MBIB Monday Talks: Sicai Zhang (Dong Lab) and Skye Fishbein (Rubin Lab) | @ 12PM, NRB 1031
- Cancer Immunology Seminar Series: Niro Anadasabapathy “Making and breaking tolerance: tumor immune escape and tissue immune surveillance” | @ 1:30PM, Smith 308/309
Tuesday, October 17th:
- MBIB Tuesday Seminar: Vanessa Sperandio “You’re hot and you’re cold: neurotransmitters modulation of bacterial virulence gene expression” | @ 12:30PM, NRB 1031
- Seminars in Oncology: Eric Holland “Big human data and mouse models of glioma” | @ 4PM, Jimmy Fund Auditorium
Wednesday, October 18th:
- Virology Seminar: Tom Kirchhausen: “Imaging live-cell dynamics from molecules to organisms” | @ 12:30PM, NRB 1031
- Immunology Seminar: Andrea Schietinger : “Molecular and epigenetic programs defining tumor-specific T cell dysfunction” | @ 5PM, Armenise Amphitheater
Friday, October 20th:
- Systems Biology Theory Lunch: Oskar Hallatschek: “The role of jackpot events in the dynamics of evolution” | @ 2PM, WAB 563
- MBIB Beer Hour: Kasper Lab | @ 4:45PM, NRB 1031