The following events sponsored by the department are open to the public:
Students and postdoctoral trainees have the opportunity to attend department-sponsored weekly seminars given by visiting speakers. In addition, the Harvard Medical School community offers a wealth of seminars and other public events.
Opportunities abound to discuss one's own and others' research. Graduate students hold a weekly journal club over lunch. The Monday Talks, held weekly, provide a forum for literature discussions and presentations of current research. The Pathogen of the Month Club, held monthly over lunch, features a presentation of a different pathogen at each meeting.
The Friday social hour, sponsored by a different lab each week, provides an opportunity to unwind before the weekend.
Events of the Week (09/18-09/22)
Monday, September 18th:
- MBIB Monday Talks: Sarah Hulsey Stubbs (Whelan Lab) and Bill Robins (Mekalanos Lab) | @ 12PM, NRB 1031
Tuesday, September 19th:
- MBIB Tuesday Seminar: Eduardo Groisman “Scientific Journey: from Bacterial Pathogenesis to Bacterial Physiology” | @ 12:30PM, NRB 1031
- Seminars in Oncology: Cynthia Sears “Colon cancer: microbiota contributions” | @ 4PM, Jimmy Fund Auditorium
Wednesday, September 20th:
- Virology Seminar: Jonathan Abraham “Neutralizing antibodies and viral hemorrhagic fevers” | @ 12:30PM| NRB 1031
- Cell Biology Seminar: Kapil Ramachandran “Identification of a neuronal-specific plasma membrane proteasome complex that regulates neuronal function through extracellular peptides” | @ 2:30PM, Cannon Room
Friday, September 22:
- Beer Hour: Chiu Lab | @ 4:45PM, NRB 1031